Planning for a beach vacay and figuring on what to wear? A Malaika Cotton kimono is your best travel companion – ever! For great looking beachwear try the Malaika Cotton medium long and super soft cotton kimonos called Regular kimono. Just wrap it around you and you are ready to join your lunch company at the beach. This kimono comes with a thin tie belt in the waist. This one is perfect to bring to the beach.
- Since this kimono is easy to grab with you, it is the perfect cover up.
- Since the Regular kimono is thin and made from soft cotton it dries easily when wet.
- The kimono is the perfect beachwear.
At Malaika Cotton you can find a wide range of various kimono models. This solves the situation of figuring out what to beachwear when a dressed up look is needed. Have a sneak peek at the Malaika Cotton long kimono called Supersize kimono. This model is perfect when it comes to the evening session as it is long (maxi model), with wide sleeves. The Supersize kimono model often comes with reversible sides, you can easily switch to the other side for the other night. Also, this kimono comes with a wide belt that can be used as as a hair tie as well as on your waist.
Beachwear by Malaika Cotton
Being able to use Malaika Cotton items in many different ways is the philosophy of our brand. At Malaika Cotton we always strive to use sustainable materials and we are very proud of all our handmade clothes and deco samples.
Malaika Cotton – fusing style with ethics. Making a change as we go. Based in Scandinavia and Kenya, MALAIKA is a design brand with a conscience, dedicated to create unique textile products by fusing style with ethics. With a base in our Northern design heritage we are influenced and inspired by aesthetics around the world.
Malaika Cotton works closely with the production of our items to ensure fair conditions, minimal environmental footprint and happy workers.
Malaika Cotton’s all day wear (including beachwear) is produced in the only WFTO factory, Kiboko Leisure Wear producing garments in Kenya, it’s a small but effective team. Currently they have about 80 team members but still focused on efficiency. 10% of the team are working in the management (mainly women) 45 women and 25 men.
- All our samples and parts of our production are made in our own workshop in Kenya.
- For Malaika Cotton Details and Home we have small collaborations with sisal / bone / wood / wool / brass and other materials all over Kenya creating jobs in rural areas.
- We work with women’s groups, collectives and single artisans. We believe this is important for a craftmanship and traditions to survive in a country / continent that is under fast development.
- We source locally and strive to reuse and recycle in different levels in all product we make.
- Our jewelry is made of recycled brass padlocks, door handles and hinges in small batches providing an income in disadvantaged areas in Kenya.
*World Fair Trade Organization