Malaika Cotton work closely with the production of our items to ensure fair conditions, minimal environmental footprint and happy workers.
Malaika Cottons All day wear is produced in the only WFTO factory, Kiboko Leisure Wear producing garments in Kenya, it’s a small but effective team. Currently they have about 80 team members but still focused on efficiency. 10% of the team are working in the management (mainly women) 45 woman and 25 Men.
- For all our samples and part of our production is made in our own workshop in Kenya.
- For Malaika Cotton Details and Home we have small collaborations with Sisal / Bone / Wood / Wool / Brass and all other materials all over Kenya creating jobs in rural areas.
- We work with womans groups, collectives and single artisans. We believe this is important for a craftmanship and traditions to survive in a country / continent that is under fast development.
- We source locally and strive to reuse and recycle in different levels in all product we make.
- Our jewelry is made of recycled brass Padlocks, door handles and hinges in small batches providing an income in disadvantaged areas in Kenya.