Malaika Cotton works closely with the production of our items to ensure fair conditions, minimal environmental footprint and happy workers.
All Malaika Cotton’s day wear is produced in the only WFTO factory, Kiboko Leisure Wear producing garments in Kenya, it’s a small but effective team. Currently they have about 80 team members but still focused on efficiency. 10% of the team are working in the management (mainly women) 45 women and 25 men.
- All our samples and parts of our production is made in our own workshop in Kenya.
- For Malaika Cotton Details and Home we have small collaborations with sisal / bone / wood / wool / brass and other materials all over Kenya creating jobs in rural areas.
- We work with womens groups, collectives and single artisans. We believe this is important for a craftmanship and traditions to survive in a country / continent that is under fast development.
- We source locally and strive to reuse and recycle at different levels in all products we make.
- Our jewelry is made of recycled brass padlocks, door handles and hinges in small batches providing an income in disadvantaged areas in Kenya.